Thursday, November 15, 2007

What's Hardcore?


Democracy Now played "What's Hardcore?" this past Tuesday, after a segment on Somalia. Amy Goodman said the artist's name so fast that she left me wondering who wrote this fucking rad song. Later, while listening to a forum about the San Francisco 8, host Mos Def referred to a rapper named K'Naan. After a bit of google searching, I put two and two together and was stoked to discover that Somali Rapper K'Naan was my mystery artist. He has an album out called "The Dustyfoot Philosopher" which I am going to purchase as soon as I can get myself over the Last Record Store on Mendocino Avenue.

1 comment:

kjo said...

that was hardcore, really.

Did he put that video together too? Such a good song. I wish I had a classroom to play it in.

Thanks for the good find.